Is it just me, or is this summer flying by? It seems like just yesterday that high-school seniors all over were donning their caps and gowns and receiving their high school diplomas. Now here we are in mid-July, just a month or so from when those same grads will be arriving at college to begin the next exciting phase of their life.
If you’re one of these lucky folks — and if you are, I’m jealous — you probably can’t wait to pack up the car, hit the road, and settle in to what will be your new home for the next four years. The good news is, now is the time to start packing everything you’ll need for your dorm.
The bad news is…packing for college is no easy task. Heck, it’s difficult to pack everything you’ll need for a one-week vacation. How in the world are you supposed to know everything you’ll need for your first year of college?
Fortunately there are tons of great resources online to help you get ready for your big move to college. In order to save you a little time, we’ve done the research for you and found some of the best college packing lists out there.
Awesome Online College Packing Lists
- If you’re looking for a packing list that covers just about everything you could possibly need, check out this one from Her Campus, which is pretty comprehensive.
- Of course, a girl’s packing list is going to be way different than a guy’s (and much more detailed). So why not get the skinny on what to pack from a current student herself? Check out this list from Mostly Morgan.
- For a more simplified yet still useful list, check out Chegg Blog’s “Ultimate College Packing List”, which organizes everything you need in nice, manageable categories.
- If you’re looking more for advice than a bullet list, Unigo’s “The Dos and Don’ts of College Packing” gets right to the point, and can save you both time and money.
- If you’re a “Pinner” and you love infographics, Pinterest offers a ton of great college packing pins to re-pin and share with your friends.
- Another great one for girls is “The Ultimate Style Guide to Packing for College” by Chanel Parks for the Huffington Post.
- If you love lists, like we do, DormSmart offers a handy, comprehensive, printable checklist to help you stay organized as get ready for your college adventure.
Now, will these lists cover absolutely everything you’ll need during your first year in college? Probably not. But that’s just another exciting part of the college experience.
Don’t worry. You’ll figure it out. Besides, you can always call Mom. ~