The MyPath101 Blog

Welcome to the MyPath101 blog — your go-to resource on all the latest articles, innovations, and ideas about education, social media, career development and more! It's all news you can use as you navigate your path to success.

Blog

Teaching myself through calculus

Imagine. It’s my first day of winter quarter, I wake up at seven just so I can look decently attractive for my first class because who knows who will be in it, grab my coffee and a banana on the way and sit in the second row from the back (so I’m not a total slacker but not a brown-noser in the front row, obviously). People sleepily start to trickle in, I know a few of them so things are already looking up even at 8 AM. Then, the professor walks in-- a short, brown-haired guy with glasses, wearing a dorky tie, classic math... Read more »

College Hook Up Culture

We’ve all been there. You’re in your favorite jeans and that great new tshirt that shows off all the planks you’ve been working on in the gym. You started out the night at dinner with your closest friends and are now dancing like you don’t have that 8:30 am tomorrow. When you head outside to get fresh air that cute guy or girl from your macroeconomics class is already standing there, and the two of you start up a great conversation. Maybe you go back into the house and dance together, maybe you just leave right then... Read more »

Out With The Old, In With The New (Year)

new year, new year's resolutions, goals
As one year ends and another begins, it can be tempting to come up with a long list of resolutions about things we want to accomplish and ways we want to change in the new year. Unfortunately, only about 8% of people actually achieve these lofty goals. That means the other 92% of us are left feeling disappointed and discouraged. Why is this? Well, sometimes the goals are just too ambitious. It's also easy to lose your enthusiasm once things get difficult. For me, it’s usually because I set too many goals, and it’s... Read more »

Top 10 Gift Ideas for College Students

Christmas present
Looking for that last-minute present idea for your college student? You’ve come to the right place!  MyPath101 has come up with a list of the Top 10 Gift Ideas for College Students to help you pick out the perfect present this holiday season.  ‘Cause after all that…ahem…studying, don’t they deserve something special this year? #10 — Ramen Noodles. College kids gotta eat, ya know?  # 9 — Laundry service. Who has time to do laundry when you’re binge-watching... Read more »

How to Make the Most of Winter Break

Winter break, college campus
The first semester’s over. You’ve worked hard throughout the fall to keep your grades up as you work towards your degree. Good for you!  Now that winter break is here, you might be tempted to plop down on the couch and veg-out for a couple weeks binge-watching your favorite shows. Big mistake. Sure, there’s nothing wrong with taking it easy for a little bit and giving your brain a much-deserved break. But you also don’t want to waste this valuable time when you can take some small but important steps that can... Read more »

Making College Affordable

Making college affordable
It's all over the news today... STUDENT DEBT OUT OF CONTROL IS COLLEGE EVEN WORTH IT ANYMORE? THE SKY IS FALLING!!But is all this bad news actually true?  Not really, says Victoria Fleisner, assistant director of Undergraduate Admissions at Robert Morris University (RMU) in Pittsburgh.  "It's all about making good choices," says Fleisner, "both while you're still in high school and then when you actually begin your college career." Fleisner, who completed RMU's College... Read more »

Pages

Try MyPath101.com for a FREE Limited Trial

Love what you're reading and want more?

Sign up for FREE tips, resources, and articles that will inform and inspire you.